Police Logistics Department was established on 1 November 1981 after parting ways with the former Department for Admin & Manpower. Our main responsibilities involve the acquisition, distribution, maintenance, and disposal of materials, equipment, armament, vehicles and building facilities. We also serve as the overall manager of all procurement and contractual activities for the SPF.
The mission of the Police Logistics Department is to support, equip and sustain officers.
Our Shared Vision
We are a progressive, professional and proactive logistics organisation that provides effective and efficient means to support SPF.
We are an innovative and creative logistics organisation that is always looking ahead. We support other Home Team agencies through SPF.
We are united with our community through partnership and shared responsibility. We inspire them to have confidence in us.
Our community comprises users, suppliers and other logistics components in SPF as well as from the Home Team. Our community understands its respective roles and shares mutual responsibilities with Logistics Department.
We are a committed team working cohesively in a caring, supportive and nurturing environment.
We work together in a good environment with a sense of togetherness.
We treat each other with mutual respect and trust. We are a family.
We forge strong bonds with one another. We have good relationships. We work in unity and treat each other as family members.
Our Roles & Functions
The department consists of three staff divisions and four asset groups:-
Strategic Planning & Finance Division
- Drives logistics strategic planning by translating strategic directions to executable workplans,
- Analyses the impact of technological advancements in logistical areas on the operational readiness of the SPF,
- Manages the effective allocation and utilization of logistical resources in line with our strategic thrusts of attaining cost efficiency, enhancing logistics readiness and capability building.
Logistics Readiness Division
- Focuses on operational logistics planning & coordination for events and emergencies,
- Ensures the readiness of logistical systems and equipment in the SPF through the development of doctrines and conduct of inspections at the ground units.
Manpower & Corporate Services Division
- Develops the potential of SPF logisticians through effective manpower management and quality training programmes,
- Champions service excellence and quality service standards for the department, and promotes environmentally-friendly practices in the SPF.
Police Logistics Base
- Authority on all matters pertaining to general supplies and equipment, operations equipment and mechanical equipment, including contracts for services, for peacetime and emergency situations,
- Oversees event logistics support during major deployments.
Automotive Engineering & Management Division
- Staff authority that plans and directs all operational fleet and transportation activities in the SPF, including providing technical advice on the customization of vehicles and guidance on the maintenance, care and usage of all vehicular types
Force Armament Branch
- Responsible for all armament- and ammunition-related matters in the SPF, including pyrotechnics and explosives,
- Technical advisor and safety inspector to other organizations on armament and armoury-related issues.
Infrastructure Development & Management Division
- Authority on all projects involving infrastructural development and maintenance concerning SPF properties,
- Provides technical expertise and project management of building infrastructure as well as the maintenance of buildings,
- Provides guidance on building maintenance and care and fire safety issues.