To drive service excellence in SPF, the role of the Inspectorate Department was enlarged and renamed as the Service Development and Inspectorate (SDI) Department in Nov 1997. SDI Department comprises the Service Development Division (SDD), the Inspectorate and Review Division (I&R) and the Internal Investigation Division (IID).
To lead the operation and development of the SPF in achieving service
excellence and in upholding discipline and integrity among its personnel.
We aspire to be a world class police force in service and innovation. Our rigorous inspection process and our transparent and independent investigation system support effective and efficient policing.
We work in close partnerships with other SPF departments and external agencies to co-create strategies which achieve service-oriented outcomes and innovation excellence.
We take pride in our people and encourage them to be committed to a shared purpose. We are a learning family where we see success as celebration opportunities and mistakes as learning opportunities.
Roles and Functions
We drive service excellence in SPF by :
- Formulating service strategies and
- Setting service standards and measurement.
- Implementing and reviewing effectiveness of service programmes
- Promoting a culture of innovation.
- Conducting staff inspection and recommending corrective
- Investigating into complaints and recommending corrective