Certificate of Clearance
A Certificate of Clearance (COC) is issued by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Singapore Police Force (SPF) to certify that a person has no Criminal Conviction within a stipulated period of time in Singapore.
All Singaporeans are eligible to apply. Non-Singapore Citizens who wish to apply can submit the appeal form together with the application form and relevant documents for consideration on a case by case basis. Applicants may wish to note that there are alternative means to a COC such as a Statutory Declaration through the Commissioner of Oath or a qualified practitioner.
Applicants residing in Singapore please visit the COC office in person to apply and to have their fingerprint impressions taken between 8.30am and 12pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Applicants residing overseas may submit their applications forms (and appeal form if applicable) to:
Criminal Records Office, CID (COC),
Block D Police Cantonment Complex,
391 New Bridge Road,
Processing fee for each application is S$55.00. An additional overseas postage fee of S$5.00 applies for applications via post from other countries.
Payment can be made by cash, NETS and credit cards (VISA/MASTERCARD), bank draft or personal cheque at the COC counter. Only bank drafts and personal cheque denominated in Singapore Dollars will be accepted.
For applications by post, payment can be made with a bank draft made payable to 'Head Criminal Records CID' through a financial institution with a subsidiary bank based in Singapore for clearance.
Payments received are non-refundable once the application is accepted.
Processing time for each application is 10 working days for Singapore Citizens and 15 working days for appeal cases, factoring the time taken to process the appeal (non-Singapore Citizens).
Applicants will be informed of the date of collection on the same day when they have their fingerprint impressions taken. Applicants may collect the certificate in person or through a proxy. An authorisation letter is required for collection by proxy with a valid photo identification for verification.
For overseas applications by post, the certificates will be posted to the forwarding address as indicated by the applicants in the application. An acknowledgement receipt will be sent out once the COC office receives the application form.
Each application will be processed only upon receipt of all required documents; failure to comply with the submission of required documents within 10 days on receipt of application will result in delays in processing or applications to be rejected. The required documents are:
- Application form (and appeal form if applicable)
- A photo copy of applicant's valid passport (biometric page only)
(Note: walk-in applicants are to bring the original documents for verification)
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs that are 3.5 cm by 4.5cm, borderless with a white background;
- Photocopy of document from relevant consulate/immigration or government authority/educational institution to establish that the certificate is required by such authority. All documents are to be translated to English if written in other languages;
- Fingerprint Impressions
- Walk-in applicants' fingerprint impressions will be taken at the COC;
- Applicants by post shall submit a set of their 10 fingerprint impressions* taken by a qualified fingerprint officer from a police establishment or an authorised office at their country of residence.
* A set of 10 fingerprint impressions refers to impressions of right and left thumbs, and 4 fingers of the right and left hands.
Click this link to learn more.
You may e-mail to SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg
Please right click documents below and choose "Save target as" or "Save link as".
- Application Form for Singapore Citizen [PDF, 19KB]
- Appeal Form & Application Form for Non-Singapore Citizen [PDF, 280KB]
« BackLast updated : Thursday, 18 December 2014 @ 16:13:59Hr