Public Entertainment Licence
1 Unless exempted, a public entertainment (PE) licence is required under the Public Entertainments & Meetings Act (website address at for entertainment that is provided in any place to which the public or any class of public has access. The following is a list of commonly held entertainments that require a licence:
(a) live music, recorded music, singing or dancing in nightspots such as karaoke lounges, discotheques or pubs;
(b) amusement centres;
(c) computer games centres;
(d) billiard saloons;
(e) talks, lectures, discussions or debates;
(f) game machines, pool table or soccer table;
(g) carnival games or sporting contests such as boxing or wrestling contest;
(h) art & craft, cultural or sports-related demonstration; and
(i) circus.
2 Unless exempted, an arts entertainment (AE) licence is required from the Media Development Authority (MDA) (website address at for arts entertainment such as the following:
(a) variety act or performance of music, singing or dancing provided on one or more occasions within a period not exceeding 3 months;
(b) plays, dramas, musicals, mimes, puppetry, stand-up comic acts, performance art;
(c) pop/rock concerts;
(d) classical musical performances such as operas and orchestral concerts;
(e) dance performances such as ballets, modern dance or line dancing;
(f) exhibitions or displayes of art objects, paintings, photographs, models, etc;
(g) play-reading, poetry-reading or recital; and
(h) cabarets.
You can submit your application form online and the normal processing time for an application is 7 working days from the receipt of the application and the necessary supporting documents.